Monday 3 May 2010

Zambia









Just returned from research for creating tours in Zambia/Botswana. Had a great time on safari in Botswana. Fitted in visit to Victoria Falls. Stayed at Chanters Lodge which I would recomend to anyone for a fairly priced, welcoming, family run lodge where nothing is too much effort for the host Richard Chanter. I have stayed with him before and would stay with him any time I am in Livingstone.




His website can be found at:








One of the best part of the 'research' was walking with lions, part of the ALERT program. I never thought I would one day walk a lion by the tail through the bush. I know there was one moment when he gave me the look that said - 'lunch time'. Note the slighly forced look of confidence on my face.
This was partly a trip to visit one of the groups we support around the world - a school in a small village in the north of Zambia. However, the main purpose was research of activities available for a new venture. Having been a tour guide since 1984 working for other people I have ventured out on my own. Firts point was to create a new website and see where we go from there. I am still working with other companies, I do something for Betchart Expeditions later in the month in Brittany and Normandy. But my new wesbite can be found at